Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fundraising, Part Deux -- Goin' Local!

I promise that Lemonade and Kidneys is not going to devolve into an all-fundraising, all-the-time blog. BUT! I must share this fun opportunity, and invite all you Philly-area types to come on by.

Our local food co-op is participating in the Great Food, Great Beer event in Philadelphia this Saturday evening (July 19), and has invited me to share their table. In addition to providing small cookies for the co-op's tasting dishes, I will be selling my jumbo cookies and baggies of home-made doggie biscuits to raise money for PKD.

The event overall is to benefit the local sustainable farming and slow foods groups, so it's quite a worthy cause, even without the PKD benefits. Ten local restaurants are supplying "tasting dishes" and ten local breweries are supplying free beer with admission. Tickets are $30 for 5 tasting dishes and $22 for 3 tasting dishes. Sounds like a blast, no? You'll find me under the Swarthmore Co-Op banner -- come on by!

(And, pray for me -- I have 500 cookies to churn out between Wednesday and Friday.)

No comments: