Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Yummies

This weekend I made a graduation cake for my boss's step-son, who just finished up at Valley Forge Military Academy. The carved cake "topper" is a replica of the graduate's varsity letter, which was a BEAR to duplicate. Never again.



















I also did a little product development for Sweet Pleasures last week. These are miniature (3" diameter) blueberry charlottes, with cream cheese mousse, fresh blueberry filling, homemade ladyfingers, and Italian meringue. They're selling pretty well, so I think this will be a permanent addition to the product line. And I'm thinking of lots of variations: lemon, cranberry, strawberry, apple....
























What manner of sweets do you crave in the summertime?....

6 comments:

yellaphant said...

Yes please. Anything and everything with berries and cream.

Christine said...

That cake looks great!

I'm easy with the summer treats -- any ice cream with cookie dough. Preferably Edy's Loaded.

Or Bruster's Cake Batter ice cream. YUM.

Anonymous said...

OMG - those charlottes look divine!

jennifer said...

That varsity letter is...letter perfect. Good thing you got a photo of it since it will never happen again. Summer desserts? Berries and cream, with a chocolate cookie or two for essential crunch. On dreadfully hot days, I pop frozen grapes. No baking required.

Magpie said...

I want the charlottes! All of them.

I'm partial to citrus and fruit desserts, all the time. Real strawberry shortcake, blueberry tart, lemon tart, that kind of thing.

Adorable Girlfriend said...

What a great cake! It had to have been a great party with a cake topper like that.