Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Proof of My Insanity: Part One

  • I am stalking a baby. His mom takes my train every morning and he is the most adorable 13-month-old cherub with huge round eyes and sweet puffy cheeks and he looks right at me and waves and high fives and it makes my uterus ache. I am trying to not give his mom any reason to take out a restraining order, but IT IS HARD. I want to nom him up.
  • I recently read that polycystic kidneys can weigh up to 22 pounds (as compared with a less-than-one-pound average for normal kidneys). Now when I weigh myself, I mentally subtract 5 pounds for each kidney. (What?)
  • I attended a ballet class last night for the first time in 22 years. At the AGE OF 43. Holy frack, people. On the plus side, I did not (quite) fall down; on the minus side, my feet cramp every time I point my toes. Which, you know, happens a lot in ballet. (We won't even discuss the ronde-de-jambs I performed like a spastic howler monkey.)
Proof of former ballet prowess:



Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

Ballet? You know, I think I'd LOVE to do that. It's been a few years (ok, like 25) and I miss it!

Kelly said...

I stalk babies too. It's okay. As long as you don't take them and try to nurse them, you're golden!


Also, really cute in the tutu, Ruth.

Magpie said...

i don't know which is better - the tutu or the headpiece.

keep it up and your feet will do better.

yellaphant said...

PLEASE TELL ME YOU STILL HAVE THAT AMAZING HAT

Linka72 said...

It's good to know that I'm not the only weirdo that stalks babies..only I prefer Asian babies, I'm not really sure why seeing as I am NOT Asian..ahem
(Great blog by the way)