Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

How My Freezer Is Different from Your Freezer

In preparation for the holiday baking insanity extravaganza, a few weeks ago I inventoried the contents of the freezer. I expected to find odd bits of buttercream; I was mildly astonished to find 7 different flavors of buttercream. Wanna guess the flavors?

Chocolate, of course. Two big tubs of it.

And vanilla -- one full tub.

A fair quantity of lemon.

And an aliquot of raspberry (made with real raspberry puree).

Some coffee buttercream, from my last round of opera cake-making.

A significant portion of chocolate peanut butter, which I invented for one of the kids' birthdays.

And, finally --

pumpkin buttercream. Yes, really.

These, in addition to the myriad small containers holding a smidgen of dark blue, a smear of mint green, a dollop of peach, a few tablespoons of yellow....

It's possible that an intervention is necessary.

What's in your freezer?



(I will not even mention the three quarts of lemon curd, passion fruit curd, raspberry puree, pastry dough, frozen buttercream flowers in various hues, homemade almond praline, pastry cream....)

4 comments:

Lauren D. McKinney said...

No buttercream and a a whole lot of old bananas.

On the bright side, lots of walnuts, pecans, and Ghirardelli chocolate chips.

Kelly @ Student of the Year said...

Well, I wish my freezer's contents were as tasty as yours! I believe I have some sausage, peaches, some unlabeled sauces I'll have to probably toss, and a few convenience foods that don't help blood pressure!

Magpie said...

None of the above. Lots of meat though. :)

I love that you used "aliquot".

Mrs. Tuna said...

I think I'm embarassed to say Steak Ums and Eggos.