Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Shall Wear the Bottoms of My Trousers Rolled

Michael and I went to a rock concert this weekend and I barely made it through the opening act. (Which, okay, was pretty abysmal -- electric violin and whistling into the mic and OMG could every song sound a bit more exactly like the last one he played?) But by the time the (kick-ass) headliners went on at 10pm, I was yawning and barely staying upright on my stool. (Which I'm apparently too old to sit on for 3+ hours, because my back was KILLING.)

My last rock concert was Peter Gabriel (at the Meadowlands!) on the "So" tour, so you can imagine.

What was your last rock concert?

6 comments:

AnnL said...

My last concert? Hmmm, it was so long ago...I think it was The Stones on the Steel Wheels tour back in '92? Boy, do I feel old....

Magpie said...

I think the only rock concert I've ever been to was Bruce at the Meadowlands in 1984.

I guess I just don't get out much?

Anonymous said...

Does Makin' Music count?
Oh god.

Anonymous said...

Bob Dylan at the Beacon in NYC, maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

Robert and Allie saw him in Philly a year or two ago, and it was his best concert in ages. I'd decided the Beacon was my last try, and I made a mistake, but such is life.

Marcia

Domestic CEO said...

Does James Taylor count as "rock music"? That was. . . hmmmmm . . . about 10 years ago. Wow, that's pretty sad.

Kelly said...

So my first concert was the Pink Floyd Division Bell tour. I pick this one to talk about because it was so entirely kick-ass. Last one? I can't even remember. Maybe the Barenaked Ladies?