Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm Really Bad at This Part

I suck at asking for help, I really do. I've tried drafting this post three different times now, and I suck so much at asking for help that it just wouldn't get written. Damn Monday mornings, anyway.

(I'm pretty good at asking for money, just not very good at asking for help. Just to clarify.)

But I'm really going to need some help, and so I'm just going to take some meds bite my cuticles to buggery start drinking suck it up and ask.

Michael and I are planning a fundraising evening for PKD on October 2. There will be a silent auction, there will be raffle prizes, there will be refreshments, there will be a cabaret performance. It's going to be a really exhausting fun time, and we'll hopefully raise a few thousand dollars for PKD research. Which, you know, almost makes driving myself crazy worthwhile.

But I am going to need help on the evening of the event, making sure things run smoothly. I'm going to need help soliciting donations of stuff to auction, and I'm going to need help making (or getting donated) refreshments. I'm going to need help spreading the word and getting people to attend the event.

(I'm going to need help keeping my sanity, but I won't put that on YOUR shoulders. Heavens, no. That's Michael's burden job.)

If you'd like to and can help, leave me a comment or send me an email telling me how, and I will tear up with gratitude and feel slightly unworthy of such generosity. I may also give you big smoochies next time I see you (you've been warned).

And if you can't help with October 2 but would like to help with the effort, you can do so here. Same smoochie warning applies.

Mwah! in advance.

8 comments:

insomniac ellen said...

Ruth--
I can post the event to all of the sites I post PCS stuff--and I can do front-of-house for you that night too.
E

Domestic Goddess said...

I'll be happy to put an ad in the Swarthmorean for you, e-mail everyone I know AND make refreshments. Unfortunately, that is the one weekend a year we go away without our kids, so I'll miss it AGAIN, but I will make some sort of baked item or edible for folks.

Also? I'll keep my eyes open for donation stuff for silent auction!

AnnL said...

I wish I were closer and could help. But, there will be a package showing up on your doorstep for the raffle...and maybe one for you personnally. ;-)

Leslie Miller said...

I'll be there for the setup in the afternoon. Let me know the time, and send Michael. You don't even have to show up, you can stay home and rest!

Domestic CEO said...

I can help in lots of different ways: set up, clean up, refreshments (just tell me what kind of food and I'm on it), and I'll ask around for donations.

Emily said...

I would love to help. I can certainly provide some refreshments and more than likely help that evening in whatever way you need. And I can bring friends!!! Tell me more. You know where to reach me!

Adorable Girlfriend said...

I think I am in town that weekend. You have my e-mail. Let me know what I need to do and I'll do it.

Magpie said...

I'd give a donation, but I'd rather not do it on line. Can you email me your address?