Isn't that nice of them? But I also feel a little bit like a fraud, as there are so many things in my life that I don't (and won't) blog about, honestly or otherwise. But I am pretty honest about the things that I do write about, so I'll try not to feel too guilty...
Ten Honest Things About Me:
- I sleep with a small Gund polar bear and have done so for over 20 years. It travels with me. Once it got tangled in hotel linens and ended up in the bowels of
hellthe hotel laundry system and I thought it was lost forever. The hotel found it, though, and mailed it back to me a few days after we returned home. (Thank god.)
- I can't stand being rained on to an almost phobic degree.
- But I love being next to, on, or in water more than just about anything.
- I am somewhat claustrophobic when it comes to enclosed spaces, and can't watch the scenes in all those 1980's Viet Nam movies where the camera goes into the tunnels. GAH.
- I wrestle with my body image every single day of my life.
- And I feel guilty about doing so out loud, because my rational brain knows I really don't look bad for 42.
- I feel more comfortable in my skin in NYC than I do at home. (New discovery.)
- I get a rather disgusting amount of ego satisfaction from the PKD fundraising that we do.
- Also from entertaining large groups of people.
- I have absolutely no ego regarding the car I drive, and therefore drive a 16-year-old fugly piece of crap. But it runs well!
Passing it along to some of the scrappiest, most honest women I know:
Go say hi and tell 'em I sent you.